BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL MUFFINS

Posted: 2.12.2012 | | Labels:

One of my New Year's Resolutions Goals is to bake something every week. I love being in the kitchen baking and cooking and decided this would help me get better at it. I've been really busy (a total understatement) and missed last week, but this week I am making  up for it by baking two things. Yesterday I made some Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffins. I wanted to make other goodies, but realized that was impossible because I basically only had the ingredients to make muffins. I was bummed, but then glad after they came out because they were so dang good. I found a simple recipe for muffins and decided to add on from it. I loved them, a lot. And so did my family because they only lasted around 10 hours before they were gone. I will definitely be making these again!



Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal muffins


Yields one dozen muffins.
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk + 1/3 tablespoon extra milk
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2 bananas)
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats

Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line or grease the wells of a muffin tin.
In a medium to large sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add the egg, milk, oil, vanilla and bananas stirring until just combined.
Add the chocolate chips and rolled oats (walnuts optional) gently stirring to combine.
Fill muffin full and then bake 18-20 minutes – tops should be golden and a toothpick should come out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the muffin tin, and then remove muffins to a rack to cool completely.