THIS IS FOR MY 20 YEAR OLD SELF

Posted: 11.11.2015 | |




i sat there staring at the screen re-reading posts i had written. it felt like visiting someone i no longer know. i was brave, naive, full of ambition, and my heart hadn't been entirely broken by this city yet. i sat there feeling worn down and finished. i felt like the brave, naive, full of life me had been lost in all of the weekly meetings, email chains, and the cubicle that had become my second home. the posts i was reading were time capsules. i had encapsulated who i was and what i believed. this girl i was envying was still in me somewhere. I had buried away all of my favorite parts of myself some time ago. 

i sat here now in the beginning stages of a new journey and i felt relieved to have come across these old words of mine. i needed the push from no one other than myself...my excited and strong willed 20 year old self. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment