ICE CREAM

Posted: 2.26.2012 | | Labels:

I have always wanted to make homemade ice cream again ever since I made it many years ago at my aunt's beach house. I remember how much fun we had picking out the toppings and everything that was going to in the ice cream. So much nostalgia goin' on over here. The reason I have been putting it off for so long was that every recipe I found always required a stinkin' ice cream maker. I don't have one and was almost going to buy one when...wait for it...I FOUND A RECIPE THAT DIDN'T REQUIRE AN ICE CREAM MAKER. That needed to be capitalized, guys!

Excitedly I sent someone to go get me some condensed milk (they came back with evaporated milk instead) and then sent someone else to go back and get the correct type of milk. I'm not a diva or anything, but it was one of those "be lazy and wear sweats all day" kind of day.

Once I had the right ingredients I mixed everything and decided the ice cream needed some chocolate chips! I added them and put it all in a container and froze it. It says to freeze for 6 hours and I guessed it would be good by then, but I would give it a few extra hours before trying some. The top layer is extra creamy, but once you are past that first layer it's basically chocolate chip cinnamon ice cream heaven.



Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 or 1 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla in large bowl. Add chocolate chips. Mix well. Fold in whipped cream.
Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.

Have fun making this! It is super simple and delicious!